[U-Boot-Users] [RFC] CFI Driver Little-Endian write Issue

Sam Song samsongshu at yahoo.com.cn
Fri Aug 4 14:32:31 CEST 2006

Hello Ed Okerson,

Recently, Roy Zang released MPC7448 HPC-II
platform support to this list and found a
CFI Flash driver problem - North-bridge
chip TSI108 working as little-endian but write
to Flash is byte-swapped in a wrong way.
The workaround is to enable
CFG_FLASH_USE_BUFFER_WRITE in little endian
setting. However, CFG_FLASH_USE_BUFFER_WRITE
should have nothing to do with little endian
if I am right. So I suspect flash writing
with little endian could have some problems.

Once I removed little endian stuff in
flash_add_byte(), CFI Driver was funtional
for MPC7448 HPC-II with/without
CFG_FLASH_USE_BUFFER_WRITE. So I'd like to
make sure whether my fix is a general thing
or just a luck.

Thanks,

Sam

Mp3疯狂搜-新歌热歌高速下