[U-Boot-Users] Uboot-compiler dependency

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Aug 7 16:37:47 CEST 2006

In message <b92b327b0608070544i3690cc3ds6913061ead0a8503 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> i) Is there any dependency between the uboot and compiler version?

Yes, there is. You need a *working* toolchain. [Don't take  this  for
granted.]

> ii) Am using u-boot-1.1.4. What compiler can I use? Can I use
> arm-linux-gcc-3.4.1?

We never used 3.4, but from the postings  on  the  list  I  have  the
impression  that  this  the best base. I know from our own woirk that
GCC-3.3.3 (ELDK 3.1.1) and GCC-4.0.0 (ELDK 4.0) work fine.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
The perversity of nature is nowhere better demonstrated by  the  fact
that,  when  exposed to the same atmosphere, bread becomes hard while
crackers become soft.