[U-Boot-Users] [RFC] CFI Driver Little-Endian write Issue

Li Yang-r58472 LeoLi at freescale.com
Tue Aug 8 13:10:31 CEST 2006

+#if defined(__LITTLE_ENDIAN) && !defined(CFG_FLASH_CFI_SWAP)
+#define CFG_FLASH_CFI_SWAP
+#endif
+
[snip]
-#if defined(__LITTLE_ENDIAN)
+#if defined(CFG_FLASH_CFI_SWAP)

Why use CFG_FLASH_CFI_SWAP instead of __LITTLE_ENDIAN.  It seems that
they are equivalent.

Best Regards,
Leo
Barcohen
> Sent: Tuesday, August 08, 2006 7:00 PM
> To: u-boot-users at lists.sourceforge.net
> Cc: Sam Song; Wolfgang Denk
> Subject: Re: [U-Boot-Users] [RFC] CFI Driver Little-Endian write Issue

>     Zang> Where is the patch?  I do not object.  Our final goal is to
>     Zang> enable the general flash driver work on the board.
>
>     Sam> Sorry, I misused the word patch:-). The "patch" is Yuli's
>     Sam> cfi_flash.c in his attached file. See your mail archive. It
>     Sam> would be there. I tested that it was OK but still need your
>     Sam> confirmation, I am afraid.
>
> OK, the patch is attached. As we know, it works on big-endian systems.
> On little-endian ones, it should change nothing.
>
> --

>  Yuli Barcohen       | Phone +972-9-765-1788 |  Software Project
Leader
>  yuli at arabellasw.com | Fax   +972-9-765-7494 | Arabella Software,
Israel