[U-Boot-Users] 83xx address translation: is it really necessary?

Timur Tabi timur at freescale.com
Tue Aug 8 23:45:52 CEST 2006

Kumar Gala wrote:
> I'd rework the ITX to match the current EMDS. Also, does the ITX
> actually have PCI2 accessible or connected to anything?

Yes, SATA.

I finally got it working.  I had to make three changes:

1. Change CFG_INIT_RAM_ADDR from 0xe4010000 (I don't know where that number came from) to 0xFD000000, which is what the EMDS uses.

2. Change the CFG_PCIxxx constants to be the same as the EMDS.

3. Change CFG_HID2 from 0 to HID2_HBE

In other words, I am using an MPC8349ITX.h that originally worked with U-Boot 1.1.3, and all of the above constants were wrong for 1.1.4.  I need to merge in the values from the EMDS rather than keep them.

--
Timur Tabi
Linux Kernel Developer @ Freescale