[U-Boot-Users] Linux kernel ignoring bootargs

David Hawkins dwh at ovro.caltech.edu
Wed Aug 9 23:59:11 CEST 2006

Timur Tabi wrote:
> I'm trying to boot a Linux 2.6.17 kernel from U-Boot, and
> it appears that it's ignoring the bootargs variable in U-Boot.

Try clearing bootargs, and then setting it again.

I had a similar issue, and this fixed it. My assumption
was that I'd got a control character in there that made it
appear sane, when in fact it was not. A binary dump of
the arguments area would probably confirm it.

Also you need to watch out for repeated environment
variables, if something is defined twice, it'll pickup
the first, but redefinition will affect the second.
I saw this when updating U-Boot and picking up the
default environment, i.e., a couple of things appeared
to be defined twice ... I figured it was user-error :)

Cheers
Dave