[U-Boot-Users] Configuration of the PHY address

Mirco Fuchs mircofuchs at web.de
Thu Aug 10 12:43:14 CEST 2006

> I suggest to introduce a new macro (e. g. CFG_PHY_ADDRESS) that can > be set by the user in the board specific header file.
I've just found that there is allready a macro called CONFIG_PHY_ADDR
which is doing exactly what i want - sorry for the waste.

But the ethernet driver for the at91rm9200 does not support this
macro. I'll modify the functions at91rm9200_EmacWritePhy() and
at91rm9200_EmacReadPhy() and provide a patch.

BTW: The PHY drivers for the at91rm9200 (bcm5221.c, dm9161) are using
the functions at91rm9200_Emac...Phy() to access the PHY. Why do they
not use the miiphy_...() functions defined in miiphy.h?

Best Regards

Mirco