[U-Boot-Users] How to load the second u-boot loader from first one

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Aug 10 21:40:26 CEST 2006

In message <20060810143427.99389.qmail at web32212.mail.mud.yahoo.com> you wrote:

> working or the original u-boot would not be running. So tell me,
> just out of curiousty, why is my apporach useless? I'm always
> eagar to learn something new...

The OP's question was how to "load the testing u-boot loader from the
old one",  in  other  words,  how  to  test  thew  new  image  before
installing  it  in  flash.  This  cannot  be done - the image in your
approach will be fundamentally different from the  one  that  can  be
booted from flash.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Cigarette, n.: A fire at one end, a fool at the other, and a  bit  of
tobacco in between.