[U-Boot-Users] Looking for u-boot for omaph4

kabbin kabbin26 at yahoo.com.tw
Fri Aug 11 05:41:34 CEST 2006

Dear all:
    I download  the new  version  from  ftp://ftp.denx.de/pub/u-boot/u-boot.tar.bz2
(20060810 released )
but I still get the same error messages after building.
Maybe there are something wrong with my tool chain (arm-linux-gcc-4.0.2) ?
 Best Regards.
kabbin <kabbin26 at yahoo.com.tw> 說: Dear all:
    I am new  to git, I use the following commend to get uboot
$git clone rsync://source.denx.net/git/u-boot.git u-boot.git

And finally I got :

$sent 115275 bytes  received 56318206 bytes  32686.64 bytes/sec
total size is 55817433  speedup is 0.99
Checking files out...
 100% (4356/4356) done

Is that all?  Does it means I got the newest version of uboot?

$cd uboot.git
$make distclean
$make omap2420h4_congfig
$make

Oops! I still got
                --start-group lib_generic/libgeneric.a board/omap2420h4/libomap2420h4.a cpu/arm1136/libarm1136.a lib_arm/libarm.a fs/cramfs/libcramfs.a fs/fat/libfat.a fs/fdos/libfdos.a fs/jffs2/libjffs2.a fs/reiserfs/libreiserfs.a fs/ext2/libext2fs.a net/libnet.a  disk/libdisk.a rtc/librtc.a dtt/libdtt.a drivers/libdrivers.a drivers/nand/libnand.a drivers/nand_legacy/libnand_legacy.a drivers/sk98lin/libsk98lin.a post/libpost.a post/cpu/libcpu.a common/libcommon.a  --end-group -L /usr/local/arm/gcc-4.0.2/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux/4.0.2 -lgcc \
                -Map u-boot.map -o u-boot
common/libcommon.a(env_flash.o): In function `env_init':
/home/yanming/Desktop/u-boot.git/common/env_flash.c:265: undefined reference to `flash_probe'
make: *** [u-boot] Error 1

And I fraid I could not find the patch on the mail achieve.
but I got
http://linux.omap.com/pipermail/linux-omap-open-source/2005-December/006018.html
However it seems little help for me.

Any suggestions? Thanks .  Best Regards :-)

Wolfgang Denk <wd at denx.de>  說: In message  you wrote:

> > The current U-Boot code is broken, and the board maintainer  (Richard
> > Woodruff, on Cc:) did not care so far.
>
> Well, that is partially true.  I have not tried to resync for many
> months now.  Previous patches lagged commit so long that that it was not
> necessary workable by the time they were applied.  The code has been
> pretty dynamic as perhaps a dozen versions of the board appeared in a
> very short time.

Use git, and provide access to your repo.

> Some of those issues dealt with the cfi_flash code and what was
> acceptable.  That code has changed much since then and is perhaps worth
> trying against again.  The NAND tree has also changed a lot and will
> take  more effort to re-validate.

You  will  run  into  this  again  and  again  the  longer  you  keep
disconnected  from  the development in the main repo. Use git 9or one
of the porcelains, for example stgit), and update often.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Some people march to the beat of a different drummer. And some people
tango!

 最新版 Yahoo!奇摩即時通訊 7.0,免費網路電話任你打!
 http://messenger.yahoo.com.tw/