[U-Boot-Users] Uboot Relocation doubts

Ajay Jain ajay050 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 11 13:57:54 CEST 2006

Hi,

I have a very basic doubt regarding uboot operation. I am seeing the
file start.s in the directory cpu/arm920t/. As I understand, the code
beginning from the section _start, should _typically_ start executing
from the flash. In the end of this file, it relocates itself to
TEXT_BASE, which is _typcially_ a RAM address. Since the boot-loader
should be a fully resolved executable, how does the compiler generates
jumps etc. in the _start section from the beginning of the flash
address and then later for the RAM section from the RAM address.

Regards,
Ajay