[U-Boot-Users] u-boot for AT91rm9200-EK board.

Leonid Leonid at a-k-a.net
Fri Aug 11 19:11:34 CEST 2006

Hi:

I'm creating building environment for ATMEL AT91rm9200-EK board. My
first goal is to build u-boot. Several questions:

1) The u-boot version I'm using (u-boot-2006-05-10-1800) doesn't have
config for this board, but for AT91rm9200-DK instead. Is it OK to use
-DK config?
2) I'm using Kegel crosstool, configured for arm-9tdmi and compiled in
gcc-3.4.5-glibc-2.3.2 combination. I tried to compile u-boot for -DK
board, but compilation failed with error ".../libgcc.a(_ashldi3.oS) uses
hardware FP, whereas u-boot uses software FP". I figured out that it's
because my cpu/arm920t/config.mk file has -msoft-float option while
actual CPU uses hardware fp operation. I've changed config.mk by
commenting out -msoft-float option:

PLATFORM_RELFLAGS += -fno-strict-aliasing  -fno-common -ffixed-r8
#       -msoft-float

and compilation passed successfully. Is this it, or I must add some
other options?

3) I understood that it's possible to use BDI2000 with this board, but
does somebody have actual experience in this area?
4) Not exactly u-boot question, but I'll draw it: where is the best
place to get root filesystem package for this board? I've got something
from TimeSys, but that looks too big for my purposes.

Thanks,

Leonid.