[U-Boot-Users] Suggestion on CRCing data on NAND?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Aug 17 22:08:03 CEST 2006

In message <e0590900608171108x20a32b79va810cf81dc140fac at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:
> I need to calculate CRC for the data (jffs2) on NAND flash. (u-boot is

I cannot imagine what that would be good for. The CRC would ounly  be
useful  if this was a read-only partition, then JFFS2 is probably not
the optimal solution; or it is a writable partition, and then your CRC
is void.

> Can anyone suggest a better/faster way?

Explain what you really want to do. I guess you are on the wrong
track.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Looks clean and obviously correct to me, but then _everything_ I
write always looks obviously correct to me.  - Linus Torvalds in
<Pine.LNX.4.10.10012090054360.791-100000 at penguin.transmeta.com>