[U-Boot-Users] non-canonical input mode for standalone app

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Aug 18 21:50:11 CEST 2006

In message <GPECLCIGPLHEOMGPMCPAAELFDOAA.edjubenville at adelphia.net> you wrote:
> In my standalone application, I'd like to implement a menu system based on
> single keystrokes.  Exported function tstc() won't return any keystrokes
> until I hit the ENTER key.  How can I turn off canonical input for a
> standalone application?

Your message makes no sense.

tstc() *never* returns any keycodes. It returns 1 if  there  was  any
key pressed (without actually emptying the receive buffer).

What you probably might want is getc(),  and  this  function  returns
each and every key code without any processing.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Even historians fail to learn from history -- they repeat the same
mistakes.
	-- John Gill, "Patterns of Force", stardate 2534.7