[U-Boot-Users] A problem about TEMAC on ML403 when u-booting.

Ming Liu eemingliu at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 22 15:41:03 CEST 2006

Dear all,
I use U-boot 1.1.4 to boot my Linux 2.6.16-rc5. When I boot the linux
kernel from flash, the following information shows and then it hangs there.

### No HW ID - assuming ML403
DRAM:  64 MB
FLASH:  8 MB
In:    serial
Out:   serial
Err:   serial
Hit any key to stop autoboot:  0
=> bdinfo
memstart    = 0x00000000
memsize     = 0x04000000
flashstart  = 0x22000000
flashsize   = 0x00800000
flashoffset = 0x00000000
sramstart   = 0x00000000
sramsize    = 0x00000000
bootflags   = 0x00000000
procfreq    =    300 MHz
plb_busfreq =    100 MHz
ethaddr     = 00:0A:35:01:48:2B
IP addr     = 192.168.0.5
baudrate    =   9600 bps

=> bootm 22300000
## Booting image at 22300000 ...
   Image Name:   Linux-2.6.16-rc5-g51645017-dirty
   Image Type:   PowerPC Linux Kernel Image (gzip compressed)
   Data Size:    1105269 Bytes =  1.1 MB
   Load Address: 00000000
   Entry Point:  00000000
   Verifying Checksum ... OK
   Uncompressing Kernel Image ... OK
After uncompressing kernel image, it hangs. I have checked the answer for
this problem from the website. But I cannot get a clear idea on how to
solve it. I don't think I have some problem with my Linux kernel, because I
can boot the zImage.elf directly from flash without U-boot. Can anyone give
me some suggestions?

Also, there is one point that I think we should pay attention to. Maybe it
is the reason of the problem. That is, In my system, I use TEMAC instead of
EMAC. I noticed that in the xparameters.h for board ML403, there are only
some EMAC parameters defined. However in my hardware platform, I use TEMAC
instead. Is this the reason for my problem? Can TEMAC be supported by
U-Boot? Any opinion for this problem is appreciated. Thanks for your help.

Regards
Ming