[U-Boot-Users] Flash configuration

Justin Clacherty justin at redfish-group.com
Thu Aug 24 12:18:57 CEST 2006

Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> Why do you say there are 4 banks when there aren't?
I must admit to being a little confused about the terminology.  I had
thought that banks were the number of devices but wasn't sure how that
worked given that two devices would be in the same address range.  I
take it that "banks" refer to the address range that the devices use and
the CFI code takes care of how many devices are in a bank.  So in my
case there are two banks made up of two devices.  The extra two I see
are because I've told u-boot there are four and it just retries at
address 0x00000000.  Would this be correct?

So my config should be:

#define CFG_FLASH_BASE_1 PHYS_FLASH_1
#define CFG_FLASH_BASE_2 PHYS_FLASH_2
#define CFG_FLASH_BANKS_LIST { CFG_FLASH_BASE_1, CFG_FLASH_BASE_2 }

#define CFG_MAX_FLASH_BANKS 2

Regards,
Justin.