[U-Boot-Users] Status of the AVR32 u-boot patches

Haavard Skinnemoen hskinnemoen at atmel.com
Fri Aug 25 11:51:29 CEST 2006

Hi Wolfgang,

I just noticed Ulf claiming that we (Atmel Norway) have submitted
patches for AVR32 support. That is not correct as far as I know, and
I'm the one sitting on the patches. So you can probably stop looking ;)

We do intend to do so, though, so the other claim that we're "ignoring
the main U-boot tree" is not correct either. It's just that we've stuck
to point releases so far.

Now that blackfin has "stolen" our architecture number, I guess it's
time to get moving. Changing the architecture ID will probably break a
lot of setups, but I guess it's better to do a clean break now, handle
the additional support requests, and be done with it.

I'll start folding and rebasing the patches against the master branch
next week, so I'll probably have some patches ready for you in a few
days. What's the best way to split them up? Separate patches for
everything? Maybe I should combine the arch patch with support for one
CPU and one board so that it's possible to actually build the result?
I'll submit the drivers separately anyway.

Ulf, I appreciate your efforts getting AVR32 support into u-boot. The
"drivers/atmel" thing looks interesting -- have you consolidated any of
the drivers yet?

Haavard