[U-Boot-Users] Missing oftree_dtb and and oftree_dtb_len breaking compile

Bryan O'Donoghue bodonoghue at codehermit.ie
Sat Aug 26 00:12:28 CEST 2006

Hmm, I added, the following options to my config file.

<snip>
/* pass open firmware flat tree */
#define CONFIG_OF_FLAT_TREE     1

/* maximum size of the flat tree (8K) */
#define OF_FLAT_TREE_MAX_SIZE   8192

#define OF_CPU                  "PowerPC,MPC875"
#define OF_TBCLK                (CFG_8xx_CPUCLK_MAX / 16)
#define CONFIG_OF_HAS_BD_T      1
#define CONFIG_OF_HAS_UBOOT_ENV 1
<snip>

make generates an error for oftree_dtb since it and oftree_dtb_len don't seem
to be defined _at_all_ anywhere in U-Boot aside from four extern declarations.

My git HEAD is 392c252efd5d2e67b47ebeb3b7e4f42e7e3d5127 which I fetched roughly
five minutes ago.

deckard at spock:~/Development/denx/u-boot$ git rebase master
CHANGELOG: needs update
Makefile: needs update
README: needs update
common/cmd_bootm.c: needs update
drivers/Makefile: needs update
drivers/usbdcore_ep0.c: needs update
drivers/usbdcore_mpc8xx.c: needs update
drivers/usbdcore_omap1510.c: needs update
drivers/usbtty.c: needs update
drivers/usbtty.h: needs update
include/configs/Adder.h: needs update
include/usbdcore.h: needs update
include/usbdcore_omap1510.h: needs update
include/usbdescriptors.h: needs update

Have I broken my sources somehow, should I be declaring these two variables a
header/source file that is board-specific, or is this a genuine error ? I admit
to having a-minimally-functional-understanding (tm) of git and a <= 48 hour
awareness of OpenFirmware generally so, I might have caused this somehow.

I notice this posting

http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/linuxppc/patch?id=2237 , do I need the two named
files to get OpenFirmware compiling with U-Boot ?

?confused?

Bryan