[U-Boot-Users] Based on x86 build out u-boot image up to 1G!! Help!!

李皓 lihao at mprc.pku.edu.cn
Tue Aug 29 10:47:22 CEST 2006

Hi, all!

         I am trying to build u-boot on sc520_cdp board. I have read all
missives about sc520_cdp board, but still can’t solve my problem on HUGE
size of u-boot.bin. After reading Mr. Jon Loeliger’s missive about _Why
objdump Creates 4G U-Boot Images_, I know how to check the reason of u-boot.
bin’s size. But after reading u-boot.lds in board/sc520_cdp/, I feel that I
cannot change the mapping addresses, such as TEXT_BASE= 0x387c0000, and
.bios 0 : AT ( LOADADDR(.realmode) + SIZEOF(.realmode) ) { *(.bios) }.

         According to Mr. Jon Loeliger’s missive, text section’s
address(0x387c0000) and .bios section’s address(around 0) result in the
huge size of u-boot.bin. But I know because after start up computer it is
realmode in x86, .bios section should be mapped to low address. So I feel in
dilemma right now. What should I do? Guys out there who have built out
u-boot.bin based on x86 successfully please help me! Detailed information
will be nice.

David_leeh