[U-Boot-Users] simple_strtoul overwrites bd_info field

llandre r&d2 at dave-tech.it
Thu Aug 31 13:15:58 CEST 2006

> In message <44F551D6.7070904 at dave-tech.it> you wrote:
>> I tried to move the e pointer from start_armboot to the top of the file
>> (static char *e;) and everything works fine.
>
> This cannot be accepted as solution for the problem.
Yes, I absolutely agree. I have just performed this attempt to verify
that that problem referred to the allocation of variable e.

Anyway I found the bug. Since we had to add more fields for DRAM
configuration in the struct bd_info (Ep93xx has complex DRAM mapping),
its size increased up to 160 bytes and I just forgot to change
CFG_GBL_DATA_SIZE accordingly.

Thanks and best regards,
llandre

DAVE Electronics System House - R&D Department
web:   http://www.dave-tech.it
email: r&d2 at dave-tech.it