[U-Boot-Users] ERROR: Cannot determine a common read delay

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Sat Dec 2 13:02:07 CET 2006

On Thursday 30 November 2006 22:14, k b wrote:
> I'm using a board similar to ecotea
> here's the initial prompt.
> So initailly it had 256 mb ddr sdram. now i want to use 512 ddr sdram.
> i put that part in and now i get this error.

So to sum up, 256MB i working (U-Boot get's to the prompt) and 512MB is not
working. Right?

> the error is generated in program_tr1() in cpu/ppc4xxx/spd_sdram.c
> here are some questions
> 1) what exactly is this program tr doing. i guess cp

No. It's doing a simple memory test do determine a common TR1 value for all
installed memory bank's. Please see the 440GX users manual for more details.

> 2) Can someone gimme any pointers as to what's that problem here.

Not easy to say. Could be a hardware problem. Could be still a bug in the 440
SPD-DDR setup routine. Did you try a module from another vendor?

> 3) why isn't program_tr0 used at all ?

It seems to be used for me. Please look again.

Best regards,
Stefan