[U-Boot-Users] Boot Linux kernel from external HDD, connected to PCI interface.

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Dec 4 08:51:02 CET 2006

In message <406A31B117F2734987636D6CCC93EE3C043924 at ehost011-3.exch011.intermedia.net> you wrote:

> The question is does u-boot itself support Silicon Image or, by other

No,it does not (yet).

> words, can I boot kernel from some partition on HDD (behind this PCI-IDE
> chip) and if yes - how?

You can do this - by writing a driver for it.

And please never post HTML here!

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
That's their goal, remember, a goal that's really contrary to that of
the programmer or administrator. We just want to get our  jobs  done.
$Bill  just  wants  to  become  $$Bill. These aren't even marginallly
congruent.
         -- Tom Christiansen in <6jhtqk$qls$1 at csnews.cs.colorado.edu>