[U-Boot-Users] Breakage of board ports on new features.

Timur Tabi timur at freescale.com
Tue Dec 5 00:20:07 CET 2006

Wolfgang Denk wrote:

> Are you absolutely sure we will *never* want to make a difference
> between a MPC8349 and any other type of MPC834x?
>
> What is the exact problem you're addressing?

I think Kumar's point is that the code that's correctly marked with
CONFIG_MPC8349 is not 8349-specific.  It's 834x-specific, and there already is a
macro for 834x.  If someone were to add support for an 8343 or 8347, they would
need to apply Kumar's patch anyway.

*IF* some of this code is really 8349-specific, then the person adding support
for the 8343 or 8347 would need to modify this code again.  However, I don't
think that's going to happen.

--
Timur Tabi
Linux Kernel Developer @ Freescale