[U-Boot-Users] clock doubling and console garbage problems

Brandon Clarke bmclarke2001 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 13 22:20:26 CET 2006

Hi,

This is my first time writing to this list so if I mess something up my apologies in advance.

The platform is an 8541E running on a custom board using uboot 1.1.5.

In uboot I noticed that the bdinfo is reading twice the expected vco clock speed (bd->vco) given the crystal oscillator I'm using.  Also, sometimes when I add code (i.e. debug printf statements, etc.), in random locations; uboot will give me garbage on the console that has similar characteristics to a faulty baud-rate.

I was curious to see if anyone has seen a clock frequency doubling behavior or this weird console characteristics when adding code to uboot?

Thanks,

Brandon

Cheap talk?
http://voice.yahoo.com