[U-Boot-Users] builtin OF tree dtb gone

Pantelis Antoniou pantelis.antoniou at gmail.com
Sat Dec 16 18:18:28 CET 2006

On 16 Δεκ 2006, at 11:32 ΠΜ, Joakim Tjernlund wrote:

> [...]

I agree.

As the guy that did the original implementation, my intent was to
keep the
DTB along with u-boot.

I don't know where you get the idea that it's more "flexible" or
"cleaner" to
have it on a different partition. That blob will never change after
the board
is debugged, so you've only introduced an extra complicated step to
boot a kernel.

When I have enough free time (yeah right) I'll work on getting even
the u-boot
getting it's parameters from the blob - moving stuff away from the
config.h file
if possible.

Regards

Pantelis