[U-Boot-Users] MPC8360E & Large DDR Capacities

Russell McGuire rmcguire at videopresence.com
Tue Dec 19 00:26:18 CET 2006

All

After digging around it would seem that U-boot is resetting after the first
direct access to DDR memory. I placed a number of statements and installed a
'memory test' function.

I think the DDR init is failing due to the udelay(200) function early in the
MPC8360E-MDS board files. The delay does not seem to be operational, so I
'think' the DDR gets enabled before the specked 200us delay that the MPC8360
manual requires.

Anyone have any ideas what might cause the udelay function to not 'delay' as
advertised. <My core clock is setup at 533 Mhz, but 200us should be will
within the non-overflow capability>.

-Russ