[U-Boot-Users] MPC8360E & Large DDR Capacities

Russell McGuire rmcguire at videopresence.com
Tue Dec 19 00:58:32 CET 2006

All,

I found the first error.

The MPC8360EMDS.c file is missing a single write during the startup
sequence. This is also an error in the MPC8360E family manual I found about
2 weeks ago, though I notified Freescale, nobody has issued a revised manual
yet.

The DDR_SDRAM_CLK_CNTL register is missing two bit fields in the manual,
though it's the same as the MPC8349E so one can read the 8349E manual to get
the right info, see 9.4.1.14 in the MPC8360E for the bad info.

Anyway added the following line to the MPC8360EMDS board and now DDR will
initialize.

ADD:

im->ddr.sdram_clk_cntl = 0x83000000;

Note the '8' is the undocumented bit. SS_EN I think is the name.

Anyway, now I can get up to the 'relocate_code' call. So we'll see if the
DDR is stable enough for full speed execution.

Russell McGuire
Systems Engineer
VideoPresence, Inc.
rmcguire at videopresence.com