[U-Boot-Users] SDRAM

Scott McNutt smcnutt at psyent.com
Wed Feb 1 01:45:20 CET 2006

Hi Mans,

> The thing i missed is which cfg_ the U-Boot has to have. Should i put
> my sram address as CFG_SDRAM_BASE and underline CFG_SRAM_BASE?

I'm assuming you're using Nios II ... in which case the code doesn't
really care about SDRAM ... since the SDRAM controller is configured
when you create the Nios II system module, not a run time. So yes,
you can set CFG_SDRAM_BASE to point to your SRAM base address. And
just set CFG_SRAM_BASE/SIZE to zero.

Also, there are several patches for the Nios II code that haven't
made it into the source tree yet -- if you run into problems, just
let me know & I'll send you the patches directly.

Regards,
--Scott