[U-Boot-Users] 21143 w/ QS6611 Transeiver

David Clark davelclark at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 7 18:09:18 CET 2006

Has anybody successfully supported, in U-Boot, the
combination 21143 Ethernet Controller and QS6611 SYM
PHY Transceiver.  I am porting U-Boot to a custom
board based on the MPC8245 PowerPC and am attempting
to support the PMC400 from AcQuisition Technology
(www.acq.nl).  This Ethernet card has the mentioned
combination of chips (Intel 21143 and QS6611).  I have
verified that U-Boot is communicating appropriately
with the 21143 (dc2114x.c) but as far as I can tell
nothing is getting beyond that chip.  This card is
supported in Linux using the Tulip driver and I have
begun pouring over that source code as well as the
21143 and QS6611 data sheets.  If anybody has already
been through this and has any suggestions, or sample
source code, it would be much appreciated.

Thank You,
David Clark