[U-Boot-Users] u-boot kernel parameters

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Feb 7 21:54:36 CET 2006

In message <43E8ED18.2050208 at sbcglobal.net> you wrote:

> 1.  Pass a boot command line 'console=/dev/ttyS0' from your bootloader
> or have it compiled in via 'make menuconfig'  Check your custom serial
> driver for the exact TTY device template name (i.e., /dev/ttl0,
> /dev/ttyAS0).

Alternatively, try using a post mortem dump of the lug buffer to  see
what  might  have  been prited to the console buffer. See the FAQ for
details.

> 4.  Make heavy use of on-board LED indicators by calling ioremap() and
> poking your virtualized hardware register location to flip on the LED
> indicators.

I strongly recommend *against* doing this, at least unless  you  know
*exactly*  what  you  are doing (and then you don't need this because
you will use a BDI2000 anyway). I've seen to many reports  of  "Linux
crashes  when  enabling  the  MMU"  that  were  cause by exactly such
attempts.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Another war ... must it always be so?  How many comrades have we lost
in this way? ...  Obedience.  Duty.  Death, and more death ...
	-- Romulan Commander, "Balance of Terror", stardate 1709.2