[U-Boot-Users] beginner with u-boot

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Feb 9 01:57:29 CET 2006

Your subject says you are a beginner. As such I would like to  kindly
ask you to read the Netiquette before posting.

Your ines are much too long.

And please NEVER post HTML here (or on any other mailing list).

In message <4F06A838FCD053488B5F39BA078807F50233CF99 at wrnxchg2.whiterocknetworks.com> you wrote:

> I start using Abatron BDI2000/gdb for BDM. I have EST SBC8260 board and try to put u-boot onto this board.

This does not make sense. The MPC8260 processor does not have any BDM
interface. BDM ist only available on MPC5xx/8xx processors.

Your nean COP or JTAG, don't you? Please be precise!

> Take me a while to create a correct est8260.cfg file and now I able to "prog 00xFE000000 u-boot.bin BIN"

Why don't you just download a config file from ftp://ftp.denx.de/pub/BDI2000/ ???

> onto this board at the flash 0xFE000000. After I "reset run", look like u-boot does not relocate to RAM.
> I can tell it maps to 0x40000000:

Maybe your config file is broken, and/or you programmed U-Boot  to  a
bogus address?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
				 EARTH
			     smog  |   bricks