[U-Boot-Users] Re: Xilinx ML403/PPC U-Boot support

Peter Ryser peter.ryser at xilinx.com
Thu Feb 9 05:15:35 CET 2006

Brad,

I've uploaded a zip file that contains FPGA designs for ML300, ML310,
ML403 and ML410 as well as an U-Boot snapshot with all "Xilinx" patches
included to
ftp://customer:xilinx@ftp.xilinx.com/upload/xapp542.zip (12 MB)

The design for the ML403 maps the Flash at the reset vector. I have
several ML403s that completely boot from linear flash - bitstream,
U-Boot, Linux kernel. I've enabled MTD support in the Linux kernel. With
that I can upgrade bitstream and Linux image from within Linux.

As you can see from the name the uploaded zip file is part of a project
to update the current Xilinx application note XAPP542 with a newer
version. I'm kind of been waiting for the September patches to be
applied in the U-Boot CVS but figured Wolfgang must be busy with other
stuff as I was myself.

- Peter