[U-Boot-Users] Xilinx ML403/PPC U-Boot support

S. Egbert s.egbert at sbcglobal.net
Thu Feb 9 06:42:17 CET 2006

bbosch at iphase.com wrote:
> Peter Ryser writes:
>  > BTW: you can find a snapshot of U-Boot with board support for ML300,
>  > ML310, ML403 and ML410 at
>  > http://www.xilinx.com/ml410-p/designs/u-boot.zip
>  > The snapshot contains the patches that have been submitted to this
>  > mailing list back in September of last year. For ML403 just use
>
> Wolfgang,
>
> Were the Xilinx patches (2005-09-28 thru 2005-10-02) rejected or lost,
> or are they still in your queue?

I'm also interested whether Xilinx EMAC or TEMAC ethernet driver is
supported in this...(after reviewing the Xilinx zip file, it doesn't...
sigh).

However, I do DO have an Ethernet driver for Xilinx EMAC and TEMAC for
U-boot and it works...   Unfortunately, it uses Xilinx copyrighted
codes...  Somehow, I doubt this is what you wanted.

Is Xilinx copyright ok with you?

> Peter,
>
> Do you happen to have a design for the ML403 that boots directly from
> the linear flash?  Perhaps with devices mapped as in
> board/xilinx/ml403/xparameters.h?  It would be easier to start with a
> design known to work with U-Boot.

Careful.  ML403 reference design (as-is) is not using the Xilinx option
of using side-by-side data access (32-bit fetch out of a single 16-bit
flash), so XIP (execution in place) is evidently NOT supported in ML403.
 However, I had a new bit file built with side-by-side data access
enabled, but haven't yet execute out of flash (no need because ML403 has
a big memory.)  But it correctly fetches 32-bit now.  Ping me in a week
on my progress with XIP and flash.

S. Egbert