[U-Boot-Users] PPC8xx chip select configuration at startup

Steve Strublic SStrublic at hypercom.com
Fri Feb 17 17:34:11 CET 2006

Hi Wolfgang,

If I had a choice in using a boot address other than 0, I would use it,
but this is a porting effort to an existing platform.  I do not have a
way to change it.  So I'm stuck with what I've got.

And here's a snippet from the README that led me to the conclusion that
this was common:

>System Initialization:
>----------------------
> In the reset configuration, U-Boot starts at the reset entry point
> (on most PowerPC systems at address 0x00000100). Because of the reset
> configuration for CS0# this is a mirror of the onboard Flash memory.
> To be able to re-map memory U-Boot then jumps to its link address.

So to say that this is completely wrong seems a little strong.  What
part am I specifically wrong about?

Believe me, I have little desire to modify a known, stable, widely
available system that operates on a multitude of platforms and
processors.  I just want to get it right.  I've read the README
extensively and thanks to it I've gotten everything else straight; just
this one item is causing me problems.  Can you give me a hint as to
where in the README I should look to find the information that resolves
this issue?

Thanks,

Steve