[U-Boot-Users] PPC8xx chip select configuration at startup

Vladimir Gurevich vag at paulidav.org
Fri Feb 17 18:34:59 CET 2006

Hi Steve,

Steve Strublic wrote:
> I understand that 0400_0000 is my choice; it's what we use in the
> current product implementation (an eCos-based solution).  It wouldn't be
> a bad idea to bump it.
So, you are trying to use U-boot to boot some existing code that you
can't modify, correct?
> And I agree that the hard reset word may be other than what U-Boot's
> startup sequence requires, but I'm stuck.  I cannot spin the board to
> alter its contents.

That's a pain.

Why don't you send  us the values of BR0/OR0 just after power-on reset
and what you'd like them to be so that we can take a look and see more
clearly what the problem is if it is there.

Happy hacking,
Vladimir