[U-Boot-Users] Memory Banks & Flash Mapping

Josef Angermeier Josef.Angermeier at informatik.stud.uni-erlangen.de
Fri Feb 17 21:27:01 CET 2006

Hello Wolfgang

> > I see. Which files hold the sourcecode to map the flash away ? - I'd
> > like to understand that one!

> That's the memory controller initialization -  function  cpu_init_f()
> in "cpu/mpc8xx/cpu_init.c"

AAAHH! Thanks, i think i finally understood it!

My flash memory space gets now fully initialized in cpu_init_f. Changed
TEXT_BASE to 0x40f00000 and BR0_PRELIM to 0x40000001.

So MPC875 starts execution at 0xfff00100, because of ignoring the upper
8 address bits and CS0 default usage after reset, u-boot is executed
anyway. When jumping to 0x40fXXXXX, the CPU is aware of the flash
destination and br0 is updated to 0x40000000 to stop aliasing and keep
execution in flash working...  :-))) big thanks goes to Wolfgang!

> Best regards,

> Wolfgang Denk

byebye
Josef