[U-Boot-Users] U-Boot hang on icache enable

Siju Viswanath siju at india.tejasnetworks.com
Thu Feb 23 07:25:04 CET 2006

Hi,
    I have a MPC8247 board with 2MB flash and 64MB SDRAM.
I am using u-boot 1.1.2. The u-boot comes up if I disable
the icache. But when I enable instruction cache from config
file (HID0_ICE set in CFG_HID0_FINAL) it hangs in
cpu/mpc8260/start.S code shown below. Any pointers as to
what could be the issue would be helpful.

in_ram:

	/*
	 * Relocation Function, r14 point to got2+0x8000
	 *
	 * Adjust got2 pointers, no need to check for 0, this code
	 * already puts a few entries in the table.
	 */
	li	r0,__got2_entries at sectoff@l
	la	r3,GOT(_GOT2_TABLE_)
	lwz	r11,GOT(_GOT2_TABLE_)