[U-Boot-Users] lib_xxxx and board.c concept

Martijn de Gouw martijn.de.gouw at prodrive.nl
Mon Feb 27 09:59:40 CET 2006

Hi,

>Although lib__xxx would indicate a generic/common set of cpu
architecture specific functions,
>the board.c file actually contains board related initialization
functions.

>Wouldn't these functions better live in the board specific directories
?

The ppc4xx uses
#define CONFIG_BOARD_EARLY_INIT_F 1         /* Call
board_early_init_f(lash)  */
#define CONFIG_MISC_INIT_R      1           /* Call misc_init_r(am)
*/

When these are defined, these functions are called from you board
specific files.

>There is a long text in board.c explaining that now there is an array
of functions to be
>called during startup/initialization, but the functions included are
still listed
>in board.c - so any >board specific function would (still) have to be
selected using ifdef's.

>Now it seems I need to change the existing board.c file for the
architecture I'm dealing
>with (microblaze), which means I could potentially break the existing
(suzaku) code that's already there.

Take a look at the solution as in lib_ppc, and implement the same for
you microblaze board?

Regards, martijn