[U-Boot-Users] ppc_4xx-ld: u-boot: Not enough room for program headers (allocated 2, need 3)

腾飞龙 jinlongwei at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 05:01:29 CET 2006

Hi ,
     Thank you so much for answering my questions i mentioned several days ago.
    I'm porting u-boot-1.1.4 to Ebedded planet EP405(with ppc 405GPr
processor) and it bases on a similar board CPCI4052 as you suggested.
i did as follow
    #cd ../u-boot-1.1.3/board/esd
    #mkdir ep405
    #cd cpci405
    #cp *  ../ep405
    #cd  ../ep405
    # mv cpci405.c ep405.c
    #cd ../../../include/configs
    #cp CPCI4052.h  ep405.h
   then add text content as follow to u-boot-1.1.3/Makefile
   ep_config:	unconfig
	@./mkconfig $(@:_config=) ppc ppc4xx cpci405 esd
	@echo "BOARD_REVISION = $(@:_config=)"	>>include/config.mk
    #cd ../u-boot-1.1.3
    #make distclean
    #make ep405_config
    #make all
    then the error appears:
  ppc_4xx-ld: u-boot: Not enough room for program headers (allocated 2, need 3)
  ppc_4xx-ld: final link failed: Bad value
  would you please tell me why and how to handle it ?
  Thank u and best wishes !