[U-Boot-Users] 回复: ppc_4xx-ld: u-boot: Not enough room for program headers (allocated 2, need 3)

腾飞龙 jinlongwei at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 10:52:51 CET 2006

  Thank u!
  I just want to make a test before i modify content of files such as ep405.c .
and i changed the directory as you said to board/ and modified the
Makefile correctly.
  then ,
  #make clean
  #make ep405_config
  #make all
  the error followed is :
  make[1]: Entering directory `/tmp/u-boot-1.1.4/board/ep405'
  make[1]: *** No rule to make target `../common/misc.c', needed by
`.depend'.  Stop.

  so now, where will i check the rule and do some amendments and how to do?

  I also confused by another problem: There has been a PlanetCore Boot
Loader resides in flash memoery(in EP405),and there is no JTAG on the
board. so if i erase the existed bootloader which is convinient for
writing flash, it will be difficult for me to write my u-boot image to
flash.
  so can i keep the existed bootloader and as it is now and use it to
write u-boot in another region of the flash ? Then after booting from
PlanetCore Boot Loader, i will be able to run u-boot and check if it
has been correctly modified.
  if the answer is yes, what should i do during the procedure of
modifying u-boot?