[U-Boot-Users] Newbie problem on compiling u-boot for microblaze...

Melters Marcel Marcel.Melters at thomson.net
Tue Jan 3 17:14:26 CET 2006

Dear all,

I am trying to create a U-Boot image for a custom PCB design, which is using a microblaze processor.
I took the "suzaku" version as a starting point for my U-Boot build.
However, I am now stuck at a compiler error.
When compiling cmd-bootm.c , I get an error in line 256,
where it says "#error unknown CPU type"

This looks to me like some kind of environment variable problem, where CPU=microblaze somehow goes missing. On the other hand, the toolchain IS invoking mb-gcc ...

Has anyone else seen the same problem, or am I making a silly mistake somewhere ?

This is my first attempt at creating a bootloader for this kind of system, so I
assume I am missing something. Can anyone point me in the right direction ?

Many thanks for any and all useful (or just plain funny) comments.

Best regards,
Marcel Melters
Electronics is fun...
... If you want me to take it seriously,
    call and we'll talk consultancy rates...