[U-Boot-Users] Flash erasing problem

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Jan 5 16:11:46 CET 2006

In message <200601051556.55943.takacs.aron at infracont.hu> you wrote:

> there is a flash.c file in board/boardname. Should I try it with the CFI
> flash driver?

It's probably less effort trying to fix their flash driver.

> > > It can be downloaded from www.toradex.com.
> >
> > Where exactly? And what do they provide? A clean patch?
> The patched source tree can be find at:
> http://www.toradex.com/colibri_downloads/Linux/colibri-bsp-2.1/src/

Well, as expected: this is a complete source  tree  of  u-boot-1.1.2,
dated  from  June  2005,  so  it was already half a year old and thus
outdated when they released it.

Bugger them to submit a  proper  patch  here  on  the  list,  against
*current* code.

Sorry, but I don't have time to waste on  other  companies  obsoleted
and unmaintained ports.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Artificial Intelligence is the study of how to  make  real  computers
act like the ones in movies.