[U-Boot-Users] u-boot locking ?

alfred hitch alfred.hitch at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 07:01:47 CET 2006

Hi Pantelis / All,

I have been trying to get the protection working for ixdp425 + J3 flash.
But, no luck so far.

When I turn on the CFI_FLASH_PROTECTION option in include/configs/ixdp425.h
I get flash_real_protect undeclared.

A grep reveals that it is defined in file drivers/cfi_flash.c and is
#ifdef'ed with  CFG_FLASH_CFI_DRIVER
( Above needs CFG_FLASH_CFI)

Doing these, I notice that the flash_init function is being called now
from the drivers/cfi_flash.c instead of earlier
include/board/ixdp425.c

At this point code hangs. I guess the reason for this will be
relocation for RAM is essential  and isnt happening for this
cfi_flash.c ?

How to do this, I am sure I am missing something very trivial here

I see lots of discussions on locking etc, but none which is similar to
my problem.

Regards,
Alfred