[U-Boot-Users] Help: flash driver for CFI complient flash

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Jan 11 13:13:54 CET 2006

In message <OF460F4A81.ABA80279-ON652570F3.003CA430-652570F3.003DEBC6 at tcs.com> you wrote:

> Thanks for the reply. What I have done is included the following code in
> include/configs/MPC8260ADS.h
>

> #define CFG_FLASH_CFI_DRIVER
> #define CFG_MAX_FLASH_SECT 35 /* Max # sects per bank */
> #define CFG_MAX_FLASH_BANKS 1 /* Max # of flash banks */
> #define CFG_FLASH_CFI
> It's showing some compilation error, saying multiple definition of flash
> erase, etc. I think it's clashing with the /board/mpc8260ads/flash.c

Yes. You must use exactly one flash driver only.

> My questions are:
> 1) Should I copy the cfi_flash.c to board folder and rename it as flash.c?

No.

>     Should I rename the flash.c?

No. Decide which driver to  use  (cfi_flash  recommended)  and  don;t
configure  the  oither  one  (i. e. edit board/<name>/Makefile not to
build board/<name>/flash.o if you don;t use it).

Ummm... is your board *really* a MPC8260ADS board?

If yes, why are you making  these  changes  -  the  board  should  be
working as is.

If not, why are you meddling with this file  then?  Create  your  own
board configuration, please!

> Notice: The information contained in this e-mail message and/or attachments to it may contain confidential or privileged information.   If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, use, review, distribution, printing or copying of the infor

This is the 3rd time I ask you NOT to include such crap  in  postings
to public mailing lists.

> --=_alternative 003DB324652570F3_=

And this is the 3rd time I ask you NOT to post HTML here.

Please do what you have been asked for.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"Beware of programmers carrying screwdrivers."      - Chip Salzenberg