[U-Boot-Users] help reqd for flash

prabha.j at tcs.com prabha.j at tcs.com
Thu Jan 12 10:01:29 CET 2006

Hi all,
I am having some doubts regarding the flashes.
I am having two types of flash. One flash is of ST make (M29W040B)  having
two chips of 512kbit size (total size is 1MB). The total sector in each
chip is 8.
and another flash used for storing code.
This is of AMD make (AM29LV160B).It is also of two chips with 2MBit and
total is 4MB size.The total sector is 35.

Now my question is how to define these things in myboard.h file.
ie
#define CFG_MAX_FLASH_BANKS   //what values i have to put for these
defined variables
#define CFG_MAX_FLASH_SECT    // what values i have to put for these
defined variable
#define CFG_FLASH_SIZE          //what values i have to put for these
defined variable
#define CFG_FLASH_ERASE_TOUT    8000    /* Timeout for Flash Erase (in ms)
   */
#define CFG_FLASH_WRITE_TOUT    5       /* Timeout for Flash Write (in ms)
   */
#define CFG_FLASH_LOCK_TOUT     5       /* Timeout for Flash Set Lock Bit
(in ms) */
#define CFG_FLASH_UNLOCK_TOUT   10000   /* Timeout for Flash Clear Lock
Bits (in ms) */
#define CFG_FLASH_PROTECTION

2. I came to know from datasheet of AMD that it is CFI complaint but i did
get any info regarding ST make . Can anybody tell is this flash is cfi
complaint or not.
Please help me in this regard.
Thanks in advance.
Prabha J.
Tata Consultancy Services Limited
Mailto: prabha.j at tcs.com
Website: http://www.tcs.com

Notice: The information contained in this e-mail message and/or attachments to it may contain confidential or privileged information.   If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, use, review, distribution, printing or copying of the information contained in this e-mail message and/or attachments to it are strictly prohibited.   If you have received this communication in error, please notify us by reply e-mail or telephone and immediately and permanently delete the message and any attachments.  Thank you