[U-Boot-Users] Linux porting for PPC processor

Jose França (Ext_GTBC) Jose.Franca.Ext at siemens.com
Tue Jan 17 20:30:37 CET 2006

Hello u all!

	Have you already ported a linux-2.4.31 to be used on a PPC mpc8272 (or anyone from the family) based board?
      I know that this is off-topic. But i'm stucked!...
	The problem is that i don't have console. As far as i could debug, the kernel stucks on my_console_write (in arch/ppc/cpm2_io/uart.c), waiting for transmitter fifo to empty (line 2298 - "while (bdp->cbd_sc & BD_SC_READY)").
	Any suggestions will be highly welcomed!

Thanks for reading!
Best regards,
Filipe.