[U-Boot-Users] Passing board info from uboot to linux

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Jan 26 21:56:14 CET 2006

In message <001b01c62248$07fdc8a0$9e01120a at bilisim.local> you wrote:

> 1- when linux image is zImage, there is no boot parameter passing from

Parameter passing has nothing to do whith the image  format.  if  the
kernel  can  be  booted using the given format then usually paramters
can be passed, too. Not all boot loaders do this, though, but  that's
a different story.

> bootloader(DINK32 or customer firmware) to kernel and bootloader
> integrated into linux image. In this situation, is linux kernel start at
> point linux/arch/ppc/kernel/haed.S - _start start up code ?

The kernel entry point has nothing to do with parameter passing either.

I have to admit that I don't understand what your problemd  and  your
question was.

> 2- when linux image is uImage, how do u-boot pass board info data
> structure to linux kernel? where is linux kernel starting point in linux
> sources?

Thishas been described before here on the list, just a few days ago I
think. Please look in the archives. And as far as the Linux start  is
concerned - see the do_bootm() code for the respective architecture.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
There are three ways to get something  done:  do  it  yourself,  hire
someone, or forbid your kids to do it.