[U-Boot-Users] Bad Magic number

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sun Jul 2 10:13:12 CEST 2006

Please keep the list on Cc: !

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.

Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

A: Top-posting.

Please read http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote.html

In message <20060702065901.6616.qmail at web53606.mail.yahoo.com> you wrote:

>   Sorry for the trouble,actually it was typing problem in the request mail & i had
>   verified  it  on the board

Then please be a bit more careful when reporting problems.

>   i had loaded the linux kernel image`at address 0xff010000 but i get the same problem
>   "Bad magic number".
>
>   i use kernel version 2.6.16.2,u-boot-1.1.2, the board as 16mb flash.The u-boot loaded in 0xfff10000 on yucca board, is that any other possibiliteis  to consider for this problem.please help me in this.Thanks in advance.

How exactly did you write the linux image to 0xff010000 ?  And  which
sort of memory is mapped at this address on your system?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
The use of COBOL cripples the mind; its teaching  should,  therefore,
be regarded as a criminal offense.                   - E. W. Dijkstra