[U-Boot-Users] MPC8540 mtest "hang" with 1GByte memory module

Joao, Nuno (ext) nuno.joao-ext_nbs at siemens.com
Thu Jul 6 16:34:24 CEST 2006

> It seems
> that a prolonged sequence of accesses is required to cause the
problem.

	Heating problem? It can cause strange problems.

> The following is the DRAM initialization data from Uboot:
>
> DRAM:  Initializing
> DDR: number of banks = 2
> DDR: DDR I bank density = 0x20000000
> Number of Row Address Bits - 13
> Number of Col Address Bits - 11
>
> DDR: cs0_bnds   = 0x0000001f
> DDR: cs0_config = 0x80000103
> (...)
> DDR: err_sbe = 0x00ff0000
> DDR: sdram_cfg_2  = 0x00000000

	The configuration of the DDR is rather complex, specially
	the timming parameters and, of course, it depends a bit on
	the DDR in question. This is usually done by the hardware
	team, they have to give the parameters. Where I work I have
	a hardware collegue specialized in this kind of configuration
	and it took him some time to fully analyse and optimize this
	parameters for a MPC8541E based custom board.

	Best Regards