[U-Boot-Users] Wrong location of environment. Copy environment, substitute variables?

Andrew Zhukov zhukov at tst.spb.su
Fri Jul 7 16:02:23 CEST 2006

I have at91rm9200dk with SPI DataFlash only (without Flash), u-boot
1.1.4, kernel 2.6.10.

I'd like the kernel to use u-boot's "bootargs" as cmdline. To use
u-boot's data the kernel should know its absolute locations...
I see the kernel expects environment at TEXT_BASE + 0x100 (that's
20000100), but u-boot places environment at 21ede00c (result of function
env_get_addr(0)). I believe the last will move if I edit smth in u-boot.

I should copy the whole environment to the area starting from location
20000100.

Is this right way?

Trouble: bootm doesn't substitute variables (${ipaddr} ${serverip}
etc.). I should copy-substitute. There should be a function for
substitution - does anybody know?

Regards
Andrew