[U-Boot-Users] u-boot crashing while searching PCI device

robinpv robinpv at aiware.co.jp
Tue Jul 11 03:29:51 CEST 2006

Hi,
I have a MPC5200 based board, with PCI 2250 PCI-PCI bridge and
2 RTL8110S ethernet controller on the PCI Bridge. I have set the
CONFIG_PCI_PNP option.
Bus  Dev VID    DID
00    12     104C AC23   Bridge
01    02     10EC   8169   Ethernet Chip
01    03     10EC   8169   Ethernet Chip
u-boot is  able to detect the Bridge controller. But when it searching
for the ethernet devices
before the device and function number for the ethernet chip is reached
the u-boot is crashing.
It is crashing when it trying to read the header type [
pci_hose_scan_bus() in pci.c ]
of the device which is not present. Instead of getting data as 0xFF,
u-boot is crashing.

I tried the same in linux, The bridge and the ethernet device is
detected and mem,mmio and io
regions are allocated for the ethernet. But when i try to access
ethernet registers, all the values
are 0xFF.
I checked the values of the PCI Bridge registers in u-boot and linux.
All the registers are same
but the memory and io base , limit are differnet. I guess that should
not the problem.
Can some point out why the u-boot is crashing when searching device??

Thanks in advance,
Robin