[U-Boot-Users] CramFS endianness

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Jul 12 15:54:32 CEST 2006

In message <200607121531.03551.laurent.pinchart at tbox.biz> you wrote:

> However, even though Linux doesn't do any byte swapping, U-Boot assumes
> little-endian byte order and swap bytes on big-endian architectures. Why is
> that ? U-Boot and Linux are clearly not compatible on big-endian
> architectures, and I'd like to fix the problem in the right place.

Can you please point out which specific parts of  the  code  you  are
talking  of,  and  which  specific  prolems  you see with this? AFAIK
cramfs has been working fine on PPC systems for a long time. [I  have
to  admit  that  I  didn't  test  it  recently, but I am not aware of
changes in that area either.]

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Success in marriage is not so much finding the right person as it  is
being the right person.